You've looked at Scrum and XP and maybe done a project or two, and you think 'Scrum is good, but how do I plan a project if every month we can completely change the deliverables? How do I calculate a price or a schedule? How do I make Scrum "CFO Compatible?"'
If you are a Product Owner, Scrum Master, Program Manager or Sales Consultant who needs to reliably estimate, schedule and price a software development project using agile methods, this course is for you: A two day immersion into creating great products, agile planning and estimating, and managing the agile team.
- Product Owner: Duties, Rights and Privileges
- Creating Products that Excite Your Customers
- Guiding self organizing teams
- Personae, User Stories, Story Points and Business Value
- Creating & Prioritizing the Product Backlog
- Sizing the Project, generating time estimates and milestones
- Monitoring Progress
- The Role of Line Management in a Scrum Organization
- Scaling to large projects
- Contracting and the Dreaded Fix Priced Bid
- The Agile Quote
- The Agile Request for Proposal
Audience and PrerequisitesThis course is idea for Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Project Leaders, Product Owners, IT Managers and Sales Consultants who want to plan, budget and bid on agile projects.
You should have previous experience with Scrum. The following books are recommended as preparation:
- User Stories Applied; Mike Cohn
- Agile Estimating and Planning; Mike Cohn
- Scrum. Produkte zuverlässig und schnell entwickeln; Boris Gloger; Hanser 2008
Your TrainerPeter Stevens, Certified Scrum Practitioner, born 1959, started his career in 1982 as a Software Engineer at Microsoft. He first got interested in Scrum in 2005 while working as Professional Services Manager, EMEA für MySQL. Since 2006 he has been using Scrum for projects in the German and French parts of Switzerland, to rescue and guide various project large and small to a successful conclusion. He writes regularly about project planning and management for agilesoftwaredevelopment.com. He is also one of the co-founders of the Lean-Agile-Scrum specialist group of the SwissICT.
- Language: German
- Location Zurich, Switzerland — Digicomp Academy, Limmatstr 50, 8005 Zürich
- Time: Coffee and Registration 8:30, Course Times from 9:00 to 17.00 (with 17:30 for overflow on day 1)
- Lodging: please contact us if you need help selecting a nearby hotel.
- Prices and Dates: Registration