"In the 21st Century, there will be two kinds of company. Those who delight their customers and those who do not. The former will prosper and thrive, the latter will be challenged to survive."
-- Steve Denning, author of The Leaders Guide to Radical Managment
Just over a decade ago, a set of major management breakthroughs occurred. These breakthroughs enabled software development teams to achieve both disciplined execution and continuous innovation, something that was hitherto impossible to accomplish with traditional management methods.
Over the last decade, these management practices, including Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean and others, have been field-tested and proven in thousands of organizations around the world. Radical Management℠ distills, builds on and extends these principles, practices and values so that the entire organization can now achieve to apply the magic combination of disciplined execution and continuous innovation.
This course combines Scrum with Radical Management to teach you how to adopt and apply these practices in your organization. As a manager, you will understand your role in a Scrum organization, and as a leader or visionary, you will understand where to take your organization and why.
DescriptionThis course teaches you Scrum and Radical Management. Scrum is one of the most widely adopted forms of Radical Management today; Radical Management extends Scrum to the entire organization so the organization can thrive in the 20th century.
You will qualify as a Certified Scrum Master. Then you go beyond Scrum to learn essential principles and practices for competing successfully in the 21st century marketplace.
The number of participants is strictly limited to 10 people! You get an intense, personal training with much opportunity to work with the trainer and in small groups. This course is usually held in German but will be held English if there is no consensus among the participants for German or French.
AudienceOffering a career-changing experience for anyone dissatisfied with the rigidities of traditional management, this leadership course is for:
- Agile leaders and coaches wanting to convert the entire organization to Agile
- Business leaders needing to understand Agile management or achieve continuous innovation
- Public sector leaders seeking the agility to “do more for less”
- Entrepreneurs wanting to grow their startups without losing agility
About Peter Stevens, Certified Scrum Trainer, Recognized Radical Management Trainer
As an experienced Scrum coach, trainer and mentor with a passion for helping organizations transform themselves to thrive in the 21st century, Peter Stevens have been training Scrum Masters, Scrum Developers and Scrum Product Owners in Switzerland and abroad since 2008. His coaching focus is on helping organizations transform.
PrerequisitesNo special prerequisites. Familiarity with IT is helpful. All participants are expected to read a 10 page introduction to Radical Management by Steve Denning and a 10 page excerpt of "Do Better Scrum" by Peter Hundermark.
- Five Principles of Radical Management
- The Prime Directive: Delight the Customer!
- Role of the Manager: from Controller to Enabler
- Catalyzing change: Leadership Storytelling
- Scrum Principles and Values
- Scrum Roles, Meetings, and Instrumentation
- Significance of “Done”
- User Centered Design and Acceptance Test Driven Design
- Hands-on experience doing Scrum and Radical Management
- What makes an ideal project?
- What is Scrum in 25 words or less?
- Why is Scrum so different than traditional project management?
- How and why does Scrum work?
- What does it feel like to be in a Scrum Project?
- How do you really do Scrum?
- Why is focus essential to performance and success?
- What are the roles in Scrum and how to they relate to established job functions?
- What do managers do in a modern organization?
- How do you specify and estimate work?
- How do you plan and monitor a release? How do you hit a deadline?
- How do you improve team performance?
- How do you handle big, distributed projects? (Scaling)
Day 3 - Radical Management
- Delighting the customer why is it essential? How do you do it?
- Role of the manager: What do managers do in a modern organization?
- How to coordinate work without bureaucracy?
- Leading change: how to communicate without top down commands?
- Location: Schulungsraum “zum Talgarten”, Am Wasser 94, 8049 Zürich
- Duration: 3 days.
- The first two days is held concurrently with the standard Intense Certified Scrum Master 2 day course.
- Course language is English, unless all participants agree to speak German or French.
Program:• Coffee & Registration: 9.00am
• Begin: 9.30am (prompt!)
• End: 18.00 (6pm)
This course is held regularly in Zurich. All dates are guaranteed (even if you are the only participant). For prices and dates: continue to Register Now...!
Certification:Participants qualify for Certification as a ScrumMaster by the Scrum Alliance. An additional test is required (which you can take from home on the web). The test fee is included in your course costs.
Members of the PMI can claim 22 PDUs for successful completion of this course and apply this course towards meeting the requirement of the ACP.
All participants who actively participate in the entire course may receive a confirmation of participation.
Further TrainingThe MasterClass Workshop on Scrum Vision and Team Performance enables you to understand and improve the performance of your team or organization, given that you are doing Scrum, Kanban or other Radical Management approach.