Of the many methods that have arisen to improve software development, Lean is emerging as one that is grounded in decades of work understanding how to make processes better. Lean thinking focuses on giving customers what they want, when and where the want it, without a wasted motion or wasted minute.
What does this mean in practice? That is what this workshop is all about.
This intensive two day workshop aimed at leaders will help you apply lean principles such as Rapid Response, Constant Learning, Built-in Quality, Local Responsibility and Global Optimization to software development.
In two intensive days of discussion and exercises, leaders will come away with a new frame of reference for thinking about how world class organizations develop software-intensive systems.
- Systems Thinking -- Putting on Customer Glasses & Value Stream Maps
- Technical Excellence -- Correct by Construction & Basic Disciplines
- Reliable Delivery -- Managing Workflow & Scheduling
- Great People -- People Who Care & Leadership Roles
- Relentless Improvement -- Seeing Problems & Solving Problems
- The Journey -- Aligning Mental Models & Making Change Happen
- How to look at your process from a customer's point of view and identify waste.
- What's wrong with software testing and what you have to do to fix it.
- How to frame risk and rethink scheduling to permit confident promise-dating and reliable delivery.
- The traits of people who work in the most effective system development organizations.
- The leadership roles that support the lean framework.
- Tools for solving problems that everyone in the organization can use.
- How to change when change is hard.
Implementing Lean Software Development: From Concept to Cash
Leading Lean Software Development: Results are Not the Point
- Special Early Booking: CHF 2'240.-- (until December 31, 2010).
- Early Booking: CHF 2'600.-- (until April 25, 2010)
- Regular Booking: CHF 2'800.-- (until May 23, 2010)
- Courses are freed from VAT in Switzerland
- Date: May 25 & 26, 2011
- Location: TBD - Last year, we held it at the Seminar Hotel Unterhof, Diessenhofen, Switzerland, but it might be at equally nice venue around Bern.
- Fine Print: Our standard terms and conditions apply.
- Registration: online on our special registration form.